Monday, November 14, 2011

I am flabbergasted

I am shocked/surprised in 2 ways today.

1. Unpleasantly:
I woke up to aching abdominal muscles this morning. 

You: From doing what?
Me:  Sit-ups

You: How many? 50?
Me:  No

You: 25?
Me:  No

You: 10?
Me:  No

You: 1?
Me:  No, from doing ZERO. 

That's right ladies and gentlemen, we discovered yesterday that I cannot do even ONE sit-up. Even my pathetic feeble attempts to do one were too much for my flabby abs to handle and they are now protesting. Hus-bot was thoroughly appalled since he can do a gazillion.
* Ted = Keanu Reeves from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure 
or Ted Mosby from How I Met Your Mother

2. Pleasantly:
I was pleasantly surprised though at how well the word flabbergasted = 'flab-ab-her-gas-ted' so nicely illustrated the situation. The only other circumstance that I could think of that could also work involves a labrador retriever living in Florida having an un-invited avian visitor.
"Fido the puppy was Fl-lab-bird-guested" (need to pronounce 'flabbergasted' with a slight accent).

No comments:

Post a Comment