Sunday, November 20, 2011

I am annoyed

Annoyances rarely come in isolated occurrences; rather, they tend to flood me in groups with full force. It's not that any of them are a big deal individually but as a package they can get overwhelming, especially since I'm an impatient person. I've noticed a pattern in what tends to happen as shown by the following graph:

STAGE 1 - THE GRADUAL DECLINE
The annoying incidents start to roll in. It progressively brings down my mood.
Exhibit A:
Normal things like traffic, red lights bother me.
Exhibit B: 
Having to stop at a gazillion floors in an elevator before getting to my floor. Smelly people make things much worse.
Exhibit C:
Exhibit D:
Getting in the wrong line, behind the wrong person. 
Exhibit E:
Of course.

STAGES 2 & 3 - THE TIPPING POINT & FAST DECLINE
After a stream of bad luck, I've had enough. Any one little thing triggers an instant intensely sour mood.
 I discover a new pimple in the mirror. (So gross, note the whitehead)
The pimple screams out at me.
Fed up. Totally angry. 
So now I'm just grumpy for while. Argh.

STAGES 4 & 5 - MAXIMUM CAPACITY & RE-STABILIZATION
Then yet another something goes wrong...
Such as I trip and fall, landing in a crumpled heap. 
 At this point, all this is more than my bad mood can handle. My rage has reached its climax.
 Suddenly I reflect and realize things aren't so bad- could be much worse.
 All this happening in one day is so ridiculous it might even be funny.
So I laugh to myself like a crazy person and life is good again.

1 comment:

  1. wow. u're so patient! exhibit A and C alone make me super frustrated

    ReplyDelete